Sunday, March 9, 2014

Prunas Trail On A Windy Day

It has been a long time since my last visit to the Prunas Trail at MacRitchie Reservoir. I decided to drop by Prunas Trail on a windy late morning on 15 Feb. After a long period of time strolling along the boardwalk, shooting nothing, a Malay Viscount (Tanaecia pelea pelea) flitting past me and settled on a leaf of the Hairy Clidemia (Clidemia hirta).
A few meters away along the boardwalk, I was lucky to bumped into this female Knight (Lebade martha parkeri).
The Great Helen (Papilio iswara iswara) seemed to be a permanent resident of the MacRitchie Nature Trail. I had a long distance shot of this female Great Helen when she made a short perch.   
The all orange coloured Yamfly (Loxura atymnus fuconius) is a very distinctive lycaenid. It was loitering around its larval host plant Smilax bracteata at a side trail leading to some private houses.
This small Pygmy Grass Blue (Zizula hylax pygmaea) was my last shot of the day before I packed my camera gears, heading towards a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment