Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Cloudy Morning @ USR

I met fellow BC members Chng, Loke and Mark when I strolled on a shady trail on 21 May. The sky turned cloudy and it started drizzling. We were about to call it a day when the clouds seemed to disperse slightly. So, we decided to walk around again.

I took a quick shot of this dark brown skipper, perhaps a Caltoris species when it perched on a leaf.
Mark spotted an injured and tattered Painted Jezebel (Delias hyparete metarete) on a leaf. It dropped on the ground and he managed to position it on a flower for us to take some shots.
My last butterfly shot was this rather common but unattractive Common Four Ring (Ypthima huebneri) flitting and feeding on Yellow Creeping Daisy (Wedelia triobata).
I cannot identify what these fungi are. They grew on rotten woods but looked like ferns.
A cluster of white mushrooms certainly could not escape my attention especially when critters all went for hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment