Monday, May 27, 2013

From USR Park to Ulu Sembawang Park Connector

It has been more than two months since my last visit to the Upper Seletar Reservoir (USR) Park. So on a nice Saturday morning two weeks ago, I dropped by at this reservoir park - one of our hunting grounds for butterflies. 

I could not understand why the forest trails that were often teeming with different species of butterflies some years ago are quieter now most of the time. Apart from this female Knight (Lebadea martha parkeri) that I encountered just beside the shelter, I didn't have any other opportunity of  pressing the camera shutter. 
Incidentally, CH turned up at the park also. Both of us felt that we should not be "wasting" our time at USR so we went to the "fruit stalls" again, probably our last visit before new "stalls" appear. We still spotted some "customers" though lesser than a few weeks ago visiting some scattered "fruit stalls" - one of them was this Colonel (Pandita sinope sinope) which  loved the berry so much that it didn't notice my presence.      
This is another feeding shot when it opened its wings.
This male Horsfield's Baron (Tanaecia iapis puseda) was so skittish that he would take off whenever I inched one step closer. Any shot was considered precious for me as I had to stalk and chase it  patiently and tactically. 
There were at least two Purple Dukes (Eulaceura osteria kumana) feeding furiously on one of the dry fruits. From this shot, I came to notice that the proboscis of the Purple Duke is white in colour.

I guess we have to wait for a few months for a new  batch of flowers and fruits to attract new generations of  flying jewels. Until then, I wonder where I should be visiting for my weekend outings.         

No comments:

Post a Comment