Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From Lornie Trail To Rifle Range Part 2

Apart from the Lance Sergeant (see my last post), there were other butterflies visited this place. A Commander (Moduza procris milonia ) was zipping past me a few times before it joined in the fest.
It also liked the Mile-a-Minute flowers nearby. 
I didn't know when this male Malay Baron (Euthalia monina monina) came to feed on a ripened fruit at one corner. A rather skittish bugger which didn't give me many opportunities for shooting.
The Common Line Blue (Prosotas nora superdates) is a small lycaenid which can be found on damp soil puddling. However, this time it was feeding on nectar.
It was my first sighting of a Striped Blue Crow (Euploea mulciber mulciber) at this location. This is a female which came and disappeared as soon as I snapped two quick shots.  
This Copper Flash (Rapala pheretima sequeira) was at a distance away when I first spotted it. It offered me a good chance of shooting when it perched and fed on flowers which were closer to me.
Of course, Chocolate Grass Yewllow (Eurema sari sodalis) is a permanent resident here, you can always find them around along this trail. 
There were quite a few Cilliate Blues (Anthene emolus goberus) hanging around the area. They like to open their wings slightly under the morning sun.

After more than an hour of a very fruitful and exciting photographing session at this location, I decided to walk towards the Jelutong Tower - a long trekking into the forest began at around 10:30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment