Friday, February 3, 2012

First Day of the Dragon Year @ BSP

As usual, I visited my in-laws at BSP (Bah Soon Pah) on the first day (22 Jan) of the Dragon Year. After lunch, the weather looked rather good - I could not resist the temptation of going outdoor to see what critters were out there welcoming the start of a new lunar year.

There is a wasteland at the end of the road - my usual hunting ground at BSP. I spotted quite a few pristine Bush Hoppers (Ampittia dioscorides camertes) flitting around a patch of grassland.
Another individual perched rather elegantly on a blade of grass.
I can never be sure of what this brown skipper is - the ochreous brown underside hindwings without any markings suggest that it may be a Caltoris species.
The Cabbage White (Pieris canidia canidia) butterfly is a permanent resident at BSP. However, I notice that the population has been dwindling over the years.
This female Cabbage White was raising her abdomen when a male was trying to "harass" her.
Within half an hour, the weather changed completely, dark clouds gathered overhead rapidly, the sky darken and the size of the rain drops became noticeable. Here is a quick shot of a very beautiful pink dragonfly - a male Trithemis aurora taken before the heavy downpours.
Heavy thunderstorms dominated almost the whole afternoon. I had no where to go except watching TV programmes and chatting with my niece's boy friend - a fine young gentleman (sorry, I have forgotten his name) from Barcelona, Spain who is working in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment